Internet Resources and Education:
The internet has a vast amount of information that can be tremendously helpful if you know where to look. The following are some sites I have found to be helpful:
- FDA Statement on Internet Pharmacies
- Veterinary Partner.com – A great general reference site with message boards run by the Veterinary Information Network (VIN).
- HealthyPet.com – website of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)
- The best site I’ve seen helping owners learn more about kidney failure in their cats.
- Cornell Feline Kidney Failure video series An online video series with information for pet owners about kidney disease in cats.
- Pets with Diabetes
- Similar to the kidney failure site, this site is a good reference for pet owners with cats or dogs who have been diagnosed with diabetes.
- Pets For Life – Humane Society tip sheets for health care and behavioral issues, dogs and cats
- www.aspca.org – Animal Poison Control information.
- Toxic plant database
- www.catvets.com Check here for environmental enrichment tips for indoor cats.
- Happy Healthy Cat Campaign – The Morris Animal Foundation is spreading the word about the needs of cats and supports research into feline health issues.
Pet and House Sitting:
Dr. Karen Lanz
Animal Communication and Reiki:
Cremations, Burials and Grief Counseling:
Other Local Resources: